What is Dry Salt Therapy?
Halotherapy, also known as Dry Salt Therapy utilizes a halogenerator to grind and crush 99.99% Pure Grade Sodium Chloride (salt) into microscopic particles that are dispersed into a man-made salt cave via a dry salt aerosol that works to aid respiratory concerns and skin conditions.
How Dry Salt Therapy Works
The 3 Fundamentals of Dry Salt Therapy
- Super Absorbent: Dry salt acts like a sponge attracting foreign substances along its path through the respiratory tract. The dry salt behaves like a toothbrush that cleans the respiratory system removing the build-up of foreign elements that cause various respiratory ailments and conditions.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Inhaled dry salt particles may help to reduce inflammation in the entire respiratory tract and widen the airway passages. A clean respiratory system naturally results in higher oxygen intake, increased energy, and an improved immune system.
- Anti-Bacterial: The dry salt particles act as an anti-bacterial agent, dissolving bacteria and pollutants lodged in the respiratory tract. These are either coughed up or naturally expelled by the body.
Benefits of Dry Salt Therapy
Dry Salt Therapy is recognized as a natural, safe, and effective wellness practice for preventive and restorative healthcare. This can be very beneficial for overall wellness by removing the toxicity from the respiratory system and improving the function and appearance of the skin while boosting the immune system. Dry Salt Therapy also provides many mental health benefits, i.e., improved mood, mental performance, lower levels of stress and helps you to sleep better.
Who Benefits from Dry Salt Therapy?
Halotherapy benefits adults and children alike, as well as athletes. It is natural, safe and there are no side effects. Many people who undergo Halotherapy as a complementary treatment on a regular basis may find relief from a variety of respiratory conditions such as:
- Allergies/Hay Fever
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Coughs, Colds & Flu
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Ear Infections
- Sinus Infections/Sinusitis
- Snoring & Sleeping Problems
Dry Salt Therapy is also extremely beneficial to your skin in treating:
In addition, Dry Salt therapy has been shown to reduce inflammation, arthritis, stress, anxiety, and fatigue.